Updated on 19 Sep, 2022
This article will guide through installing and configuring the UTunnel VPN Linux client. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Visit the UTunnel VPN website and navigate to the Apps page from your Linux machine. Your operating system will be detected automatically and you will be presented with the respective client download page. UTunnel Linux clients are available for Debian-based distros (.deb) and Redhat-based distros (.rpm), and you can choose the one based on your OS.
2. To install .deb build. Navigate to your downloads folder, and run the below command.
sudo dpkg -i utunnel.deb
Similarly, if you are installing the client for RedHat bases distros (.rpm), navigate to your downloads folder and use the following command:
rpm -ivh utunnel-184.108.40.206-1.1.noarch.rpm
3. After installing the UTunnel client you need to initialize it by running the following command:
sudo utunnel init
You will be prompted to give Organization’s portal name. Key in your portal name (If you are not a business account, please key in 'default'), and your username (which will be your email)
4. Now, to list the available servers for the user, use the command.
sudo utunnel list
5. To connect to a listed server use the following command with the server id received on the previous command.
sudo utunnel connect <server id>
6. To disconnect from the VPN, use the command:
sudo utunnel disconnect
If you have any further queries, please connect with our customer support and we will be happy to assist you.